Sunday, April 21, 2019

April 21, 2019 Who's Covenant?

Reading: Deuteronomy 5-6, Psalm 64, 2 Corinthians 6, and Mark 8

Scripture: Deuteronomy 5:2-3, The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. Not with our fathers did the Lord make this covenant, but with us, who are all of us here alive today.

Thoughts: Growing up in the church I have seen many people riding on the coat tails of the faith of their parents or grandparents. I’m a Christian because my grandpa was a preacher or my parents are Christian and I grew up going to church. God did set up covenants with each of them but that is not our covenant. God’s blessings can overflow into us from our parents and grandparents but we are not in that covenant. When we talk up to God the father ourselves through the Blood of Christ then we have the covenant. Our covenant is not our fathers covenant it is ours.

Prayer: Father I thank you for your covenant with me and that you will never forget or forsake that covenant. I thank you for you provision and blessings that you pour out on us each and every day. I ask that you help me to not forget or walk away from your covenant love and direction for my life. Thank you for your son.

No comments:

Post a Comment