Sunday, April 7, 2019

April 7th, 2019 It is good to be near God

Reading: Numbers 17-18, Psalm 73, 1 Corinthians 8, and  Mark 3

Scripture: Psalm 73:28, But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all your works.

Thoughts: Just as Joshua made the proclamation, “For me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” As I am starting the next class in our Discipleship program at my church this passage really stood out in that in doing this and setting myself aside I am placing myself near to God, He is my refuge and strength in times of struggle. I know whenever I choose to take the next step and make the time and sacrificial commitment to do this, there is an attack in the spiritual realm. The evil one does not want me to dive deeper into my relationship with God and will use every weapon he has to try to get me to walk away or distract me from this commitment. The LORD is my Refuge, it is good to be near God, and today I declare again that As for Me and My house we Will Server the LORD.

Prayer: Father I thank you for placing it on the hearts of the creator of this program to do so. I thank you for the opportunity to dive deep into you word and your love as we set aside this next 7 weeks to you and the pursuit of a deepening relationship. I thank you that you provide all that we need and to excess. I long to hear your voice each day and thank you for the whispers and the 2x4s you bring into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment