Wednesday, September 29, 2021

The grass withers.

Reading: Isaiah 40-41, John 21, and 1 Corinthians 11

Scripture: Isaiah 40:6-8, A voice says, “Cry!” And I said, “What shall I cry?” All flesh is grass, and all its beauty is like the flower of the field. The grass withers, the flower fades when the breath of the Lord blows on it; surely the people are grass. The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

Thoughts: We have all seen the season change, watching the grass grow and the flowers come up and bloom in the spring and summer then at the end of summer and going into fall we watch everything wither and die back. Each person’s life is just a blip on the timeline of eternity, even the oldest people one hundred plus years old, are still seen as just grass and flowers, but God’s Word has endured, the Old Testament, the books of the law and the books of the prophets are all far older than the writings of the apostles, who’s writings are now about 2000 years old and largely unchanged other then being translated into new languages. Isaiah was crying out that even though we are all going to pass the one thing that will not change is the Word of God. Let us dive into is and chew on it that we may know God better through his words. 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, your word speaks anew every day, it is alive and sharper than any two-edged sword. Your word leads us and guides us in all we do. I thank you for the refining and molding you are doing in me, I ask that you speak to me though your word, lead me and guide me in what you have for me this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment