Sunday, September 19, 2021

Smooth speaking illusions.

Reading: Isaiah 29-30 and John 11

Scripture: Isaiah 30:9-10, For they are a rebellious people, lying children, children unwilling to hear the instruction of the Lord; who say to the seers, “Do not see,” and to the prophets, “Do not prophesy to us what is right; speak to us smooth things, prophesy illusions,

Thoughts: When we walk out our lives, the influences of the world are all around us. The world is telling us to look here, look there, and oh look something shiny and new. Within all the looky looky being cried out, I also hear lots of tell me you accept me and that you affirm everything about me. Those people not willing to listen to instruction and telling us just talk nice to us tell us pretty things about ourselves. We are to stand in the gap, we care called to be peacemakers and to be that peacemaker we are to being the gospel to people that they can have reconciliation with God thus making peace between God that that person. When there is unrepentant sin in someone’s life there is a division between them and God bringing enmity. Are we telling people to affirm my sin, tell me it is ok that I am doing this or that, or are we seeking God with all we have? 

Prayer: Lord God, you know our hearts and our minds, you know the days of our life and the hairs on our heads. I ask that you help me to turn from those things trip me up. Help me to speak truth and love into the lives of those around me and grow deeper in my relationship with you. I ask that you break the smooth speaking of illusions that the evil one brings to us. Help us to discern the truth and walk in your ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment