Tuesday, September 28, 2021

What is your legacy?

Reading: 2 Kings 20, Isaiah 38-39, Psalm 134, John 20, and 1 Corinthians 10

Scripture: Isaiah 39:8, Then Hezekiah said to Isaiah, “The word of the Lord that you have spoken is good.” For he thought, “There will be peace and security in my days.”

Thoughts: After being told he was going to die, then after lamenting to God and being told he will have fifteen more years, He shows some people from Babylon everything he had. Now God tells him that everything including his sons will be taken captive into Babylon, and he says “Sounds good as long as I’m good.” This seems to be the mentality to much of the world today, As long as I get what I want and get to have the fun I want who cares what comes after me. Are we living to leave a legacy? We are called to spread the gospel, to praise and worship God. Are we sharing what God did for us, are we teaching the next generation what it means to walk with the lord? Are we seeking a legacy of lasting peace with God or do we only care that we have piece as long as we are here on earth?

Prayer: Father God, you are the all mighty and everlasting God above all things. You pour out your piece and love on us and call us to legacy building. I thank you for your calling and your provisions and blessings. I ask that you help me to focus on you plan and growing the legacy that you are creating. Lead me and guide me in all that I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment