Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Full of what?

Reading: Isaiah 18-19 and John 6

Scripture: John 6:26, Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you are seeking me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves.”

Thoughts: We live in a society that in recent years have been putting more and more emphasis feelings. In the past there were times where boys were told to “be a man” and today we are told that being a “man” is toxic or oppressive. Jesus before starting his ministry he most likely would have been training under Joseph as a carpenter. Carpentry is hard work, I love the choice made to depict Jesus in The Chosen where even as the teacher he was still helping people. There is one scene where he was under a cart repairing and lubricating the axal and wheel. Here after the crowds found him after he fed them he is asking are you coming because you got a full belly or because you saw the signs and are seeking me. What are we seeking, are we seeking the feel goods, the goosebumps moment, or a temporally filled belly or are we seeking a relationship with the Father that will give us a place at the wedding feast of Heaven?

Prayer: Father God, you are the Master of the feast, you know where every ones place is and the calling you have placed on their lives. We ask that you help us to walk in your ways and seek you in all that we do. Thank you for the refining and molding you are still doing in me. Lead me to a deeper relationship with you where I am not following just to be fed or get the feel goods, yet I get to walk in your peace and joy all the days of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment