Thursday, September 9, 2021

When the poop hits the fan.

Reading: Micah 5-7 and John 1

Scripture: Micah 7:7, But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.

Thoughts: When everything is going well it is easy to, glorify God and say he is in control. But when everything starts to spiral toward the drain, are we still glorifying God? Micah had just been writing about not putting trust in neighbors and that our enemies would be within our homes and families, then to say, “I’m looking to God.” When the proverbial poop hits the fan of our life and get slung everywhere, where are we are we looking? Are we looking at the mess that is now all over our lives or are we keeping our eyes on the one who can wash us clean no matter the stain that the world is trying to inflict on us? As the world falls in on us, we need close friends who we can count on to point us to God when we are getting overwhelmed. My men are my Foxhole the men who are in the trenches with me and would be on their way when something happens. Let us find our foxhole that points us to God. 

Prayer: Father God, you are the beginning and the end, you have known my failing and my victories, and you call me any ways. I thank you for the men you have placed in my life who I walk with. Help me to grow in depth of relationship with them that we may be those men who no matter the time will drop everything and be there to help, and point our brothers to you as we walk through that poop splattered room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment