Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Watch the Lamb

Reading: Hosea 14, Micah 1-2, Psalm 29, and Mark 15

Scripture: Mark 15:21, And they compelled a passerby, Simon of Cyrene, who was coming in from the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to carry his cross.

Thoughts: As I was reading this morning, I came across this passage about the Romans getting Simon to take Jesus’ cross. It reminded me of a song my father used to perform as a special at church by Ray Boltz called “Watch the lamb,” the song tells the story of Simon as he is taking his sons to the temple for their sacrifice. In the song it talks about telling his sons about Moses and Abraham and reminding them to watch the lamb. At the end of the song his sons find him at the cross saying the lamb got away yet Simon had recognized who Jesus was and tells his sons to watch the Lamb. There is no scripture that says what happened with Simon and his sons, but I know that when you have an encounter with Jesus nothing will be the same after that. Now let us Watch the Lamb.

Prayer: Father God, I thank you for all that you have done, I thank you that you are walking with us every day. I thank you that you are molding and refining me more every day. I ask that you help me to keep perspective and focus on you, help me to watch the Lamb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment