Thursday, September 16, 2021

Are you free?

Reading: Isaiah 22-23 and John 8

Scripture: John 8:33, They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?”

Thoughts: The United States of America even with the history that it has had is still one of the freest countries in the world. Even though there were several generations of slavery in Egypt, and many times of being taking into captivity after they claimed the promised land these descendants of Abraham claimed their freedom even though they were a slaves to the laws of Moses and the sacrificial system. We have the opportunity to accept the freedom that Jesus offered us. Are we walking in the freedom of the world or the freedom that comes from the Father above? 

Prayer: Lord God, you are the redeemer of all things, you redeem our stories, and our lives. All your creation shouts of your glory. I thank you that you have redeemed me, I thank you that you are working in my life to help me to be a mirror reflection your glory to this dark world. I ask that you continue to fill us and guide us in all we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment