Monday, September 27, 2021

Battle commands and missinformation.

Reading: 2 Kings 19, 2 Chronicles 32, and John 19

Scripture: 2 Chronicles 32:15, Now, therefore, do not let Hezekiah deceive you or mislead you in this fashion, and do not believe him, for no god of any nation or kingdom has been able to deliver his people from my hand or from the hand of my fathers. How much less will your God deliver you out of my hand!

Thoughts: It is easy to get into a battle and loose track of the one we are to be listening to, to combat this the romans had their centurions who had this large red plum on their helmet so that the 100 they were over could follow them into battle. Over the centuries the way it is done has changed but the concept is still the same we are to follow the commands of the one above us. The evil one will use everything in his power to disrupt the communication or cause you to doubt it. This king of Assyria was crying out to get Judah to doubt God and just give up, as Hezekiah was encouraging Judah telling them that God and His army is with them. When we are in battle fighting side by side with those we trust, who are we listening to the loud voices of the enemy telling us we are going to fail or are we listening to the commander who we know already has won the war even though we are in the middle of a battle. This battle belongs to the Lord let us not listen to those who oppose Him.

Prayer: Lord God, your victory is absolute, your glory and honor abounds, and your creation shouts your name. I thank you that the battle is yours and that you have a place that I can serve. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out on us, the strength and boldness to continue in the face of an enemy who says you don’t exist or that their god is stronger. I ask that you help us to discern the truth and walk in your ways. I ask that you continue to mold me and refine me, cleans me and create in me a clean heart that I may honor you more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment