Saturday, September 11, 2021

Faith, Trust and Accidents

Reading: Isaiah 10-12 and John 3

Scripture: Isaiah 12:2, Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.

Thoughts: Yesterday morning I took my motorcycle to church to open the church for Friday morning prayer, about halfway to the church I had someone ether distracted or somehow missed seeing me coming the towards them, chose to turn left crossing my lane to go onto a side road. God had his hand on me, I should have been thrown from my bike or laid it down but I didn’t. Not only did I not fall or get ejected I bounced from the rear corner panel of the car and then I pulled off the road. This passage stood out to me after a sleepless night struggling with things and then having the accident on my way to church I see how placing my trust in God and not having fear. My trust and salvation is in God even when the world is going crazy or just having portions circling the drain. Let us focus on the one who can place his hands around us and keep us safe even when things should have killed us. 

Prayer: Lord God, you are the one who watches over me and takes care of my needs. I than you for all you do. I praise you in the middle of the storms of my life and the trials I’m walking though. I ask that you help me to keep my focus on you and the worship and glory you deserve. Lead me and guide me, mold me and make me, refine me and purify my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment