Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Are you seeing this?

Reading: Isaiah 20-21, Psalm 32, John 7, and 1 Corinthians 3

Scripture: Isaiah 21:6, For thus the Lord said to me: “Go, set a watchman; let him announce what he sees.”

Thoughts: If you have been in the Church for almost any about of time you have heard someone say, “we are to be in the world not of the world.” This is a paraphrase of much of what John recorded Jesus saying in John 17. As I read in Isaiah this morning that saying came to mind after seeing where God told Isaiah to set up a watchman. We are in this world but not of it made me think of the ancient walled cities having watchmen posted around the city to want for danger, or at least the state of the surrounding world. In a way we are a walled city and if we cut ourselves off from everything outside our city, how are we going to spread the Gospel as we are told to do? Also without watchmen looking out into the world our enemy may find a hole in our wall and defenses. Each and every day we move one day closer to when Christ will return, if we don’t have watchmen looking to the horizons and interpreting the signs of the time, we may be caught not doing the will of the Lord. I want to be taken up going what I have been called to do or running on fumes because I gave Him everything. 

Prayer: Father God, you are in control, you have created all things and you know when you will send your Son back to collect those whom you call yours. I thank you that you have a plan and that I can be apart of it. I thank you that you are still refining me and molding me to be more affective in that which you call me. I ask that you help me to be a watchman and seek your will for each day. lead me and guide me 

No comments:

Post a Comment