Friday, September 24, 2021

Bringing out the uncleannes.

Reading: 2 Kings 18, 2 Chronicles 29, and John 16

Scripture: 2 Chronicles 29:16, The priests went into the inner part of the house of the Lord to cleanse it, and they brought out all the uncleanness that they found in the temple of the Lord into the court of the house of the Lord. And the Levites took it and carried it out to the brook Kidron.

Thoughts: In 1 Corinthians 3:16 we are reminded by Paul that we are the temple of God and Holy Spirit dwells in us. I know that I have uncleanness in me and that I need that cleaning from time to time. It is not enough to just scrub the outside and not clean the inside. King Hezekiah began to reign in the first month he opened the temple and gathered the priest and Levites to get the temple cleaned out that the Lord may dwell there. It says that the priest brought the uncleanness to the court and the Levites took it to the book Kidron. There may be uncleanness that God will just take and clean up but it has been my experience that Jesus our High Priest will bring it onto the court where we have to do our part and take it the rest of the way to the brook to toss it in and be rid of it. All too often we let that uncleanness sit in the court of our heart and continue to defile the entire temple. Let us band together and exhort one another with love and grace to get that court cleaned, our high priest has done the hard part let us take the steps to do our part in that cleaning. 

Prayer: Father God, you are so good, you are cleaning out temple, you are helping us to find the uncleanness in our lives that we can get it moved out of our lives and out of your temple. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you are pouring out on us. I thank you that you are cleaning me, refining me and molding me. I ask that you help us to see and do our part in removing the uncleanness from our lives, give us people in our lives that will help call us on that uncleanness and encourage us to keep going as we can encourage them to do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment