Thursday, September 2, 2021

Legacy built on customs.

Reading: 2 Kings 15, 2 Chronicles 27, and Mark 10

Scripture: Mark 10:1, And he left there and went to the region of Judea and beyond the Jordan, and crowds gathered to him again. And again, as was his custom, he taught them.

Thoughts: This and other passages like it give a glimpse in Jesus’ daily life, every time I see “as was his custom” it tells me this is something he did as often as he could. We were told he was in synagogue on the sabbath, he would get away for time with his Father every night. In this passage it says he taught the crowds that gathered. What are the customs that would be linked to your legacy? 

Prayer: Father God, you are the author of all eternity and the creator of all things, your creation shouts your glory and your mercy abounds. I thank you for all that you are doing in my life, I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you pour out on us and the guidance in stewarding those things you place in our hands. I ask that you help me to have the customs that glorify and testify of you in all that I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment