Friday, September 10, 2021

War from within.

Reading: Isaiah 8-9, Psalm 39, John 2, and 1 Corinthians 1

Scripture: Psalm 39:1-3, I said, “I will guard my ways, that I may not sin with my tongue; I will guard my mouth with a muzzle, so long as the wicked are in my presence.” I was mute and silent; I held my peace to no avail, and my distress grew worse. My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue:

Thoughts: We are at war, both from within and from the outside. Needing to guard my tongue is part of my war, to watch what I say, not to keep from offending someone but to be sure that this is not a soapbox but a Podium that God has placed before me. We need to focus on God and the battle he has called for us to walk in. As much as I would like to scream and yell about how things are being handled in this situation or that situation, we need to determine if this is my podium, my mountain to die on or is it a soapbox that is causing us to make a lot of noise and get off our battle plan. Seek God’s battle plan not what feels good at the moment.  

Prayer: Lord God you are in control, you hold this world in your hand and yet you know each and every hair and struggle. You are at work in all we do, working all things for your glory and all thing for the good of those who are yours. I thank you that I am counted among yours and I thank you that you are molding me and refining me. I thank you for the men you have brought into my life that we are able to sharpen each other as iron. I ask that you lead us and guide us in our part in your great plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment