Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Devoted to distruction

Reading: Isaiah 33-34, Psalm 4, John 13 and 1 Corinthians 6

Scripture: Isaiah 34:2, For the Lord is enraged against all the nations, and furious against all their host; he has devoted them to destruction, has given them over for slaughter.

Thoughts: Each day as we move closer to the unknown end, we see more and more of the things that Jesus said we would see in the end times, earthquakes, famines, wars, and rumors of wars. When this passage was written it was being written to Israel and the surrounding lands as a warning. I feel that that waning is just as applicable today as it was nearly 3000 years ago. One day the Lord’s judgment will fall on all nations. We are called to spread the Gospel the good news that God loves us so much that he sent his Son to fulfill the Law that we could be adopted into his family. When we were not of the Family we were of the world and part of the nations that were devoted to destruction. As a parent I would do anything to protect my children from harm, but I also want them to make choices. We are to share God’s love and offer the opportunity to become part of the family, but we cannot make the choice for them. Are we sharing what we have, the adoption through the death and resurrection of Jesus, or are we just letting the world follow after it’s own desires? Let us share what God has done for us. 

Prayer: Lord God, your grace and mercy abound, you call us to you. Your glory abounds in all I see. I thank you for all you are doing in my life, the provision and blessings you pour out on us, the molding and refining you are doing in my life. I ask that you help me to grow deeper in my relationship with you and have the boldness to step out in your name when called. You lead and guide me every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment