Friday, September 17, 2021

God listens to him.

Reading: Isaiah 24-25, Psalm 42, John 9, and 1 Corinthians 4

Scripture: John 9:30-31, The man answered, “Why, this is an amazing thing! You do not know where he comes from, and yet he opened my eyes. We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him.”

Thoughts: I love how this man was brought before the leaders and questioned, and after giving them his testimony, his story about what God did for him, he had the boldness and the faith to poke fun at these religious leaders. We all have a story to tell, besides the God above who knows your story better than you. We are called to share the gospel through our story and what God has done in our lives and to have a boldness to stand up and give account. The Definition of Apostle from the Greek is emissary or one who is sent. As Christ Followers, in Matthew 28:19, we are sent into all the world we are the emissary to this world for God. Are we being bold and sharing our story of how God changed our lives. 

Prayer: Lord God you are the one who knows our story and is working all aspects of it for your glory and our good. I thank you that you are with me and have sent me. I thank you that you are always providing and guiding me. I ask that you help me to have the boldness and the willingness to walk our the calling you place before me. Help me to find the words I need in conversations with those around me each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment