Saturday, September 4, 2021

What do you value?

Reading: Hosea 4-7 and Mark 12

Scripture: Hosea 4:1-2, Hear the word of the Lord, O children of Israel, for the Lord has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land. There is no faithfulness or steadfast love, and no knowledge of God in the land; there is swearing, lying, murder, stealing, and committing adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed.

Thoughts: Hosea was writing to a rebellious Israel, but I see several correlations that I am seeing in the United States today. The US was set up with many of the Christian values and ideals and over the last near 250 year we have come to a place where we are looking like the description of Israel in this passage. Lying, swearing, murder, stealing, adultery, are all prevalent in this country. Are we walking with our country or are we fallowing after God and trying to live up to his values that don’t change? 

Prayer: Father God, your ways are higher, your ways are greater. I thank you for all you are doing in my life, the leading and guiding that you are doing to help me to stay on your path and walking with your values. I ask that you help me to keep my eyes open and my heart open to correction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment