Sunday, September 12, 2021

I don't want to go there

Reading: Isaiah 13-14 and John 4

Scripture: John 4:4, And he had to pass through Samaria.

Thoughts: This passage was interesting to me, John sad that Jesus had to pass though Samaria. In that culture and time, the Israelites would take the extra time to walk around Samaria to avoid becoming unclean. There is always that one city or suburb that we try to avoid or make sure everything is locked securely if we must stop there. As a Jew Jesus would have been taught to avoid these people and to not go into their cities. Yet is says he had to, not in the shortest distance between two points is a straight-line way, but in a he was compelled to go there. I have been compelled like that, sometimes I have listened and other times I have fought against it. Are we listing to Holy Spirit, even when He tells you to go somewhere you don’t want to be?

Prayer: Lord God, you are so wonderful, you pour out your peace and joy over us and lead us to green pastures. I thank you for all you are going in my life, that molding and refining. Make me into the man you have called me to be. I ask that you help me to grow deeper in my relationship with you and develop the boldness you call me to have. Open my heart to your leading that I may hear and walk it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment