Sunday, September 19, 2021

What are you looking for?

Reading: Isaiah 26-28 and John 10

Scripture: Isaiah 26:9, My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. For when your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

Thoughts: What are we longing for? What is the yearning of your heart? When you can’t sleep and you are tossing and turning, what is that thing that is always there in your mind? Isaiah is talking about that longing got God and that waking up to the I need more of you in my life God. But he also says that when God’s judgment is on the earth that the inhabitants would learn righteousness. There are judgments going on all the time, be it the kind where we are given over to sinful desires as shown in Romans 1:24, or like when there were judgments against Israel or other nations and God brought in other nations to capture them. During these times of judgment, we are to learn and grow. When we are seeking God there will be opposition, The evil one does not want us to dive deeper and get emboldened to spread the gospel. He wants us to become complacent to the point of sitting back and watching the show.

Prayer: Father, you are the one who can work all things for the good of those who follow you. The trials and tribulation will not overcome us and there is no temptation that you can’t help us through. I thank you that you are working in my heart, that you are molding me and refining me into that man you call me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment