Monday, September 6, 2021

The Guest are coming.

Reading: Hosea 12-13 and Mark 14

Scripture: Mark 14:13-14, And he sent two of his disciples and said to them, “Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him, and wherever he enters, say to the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says, Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’”

Thoughts: When the Jesus telling the disciples to go prepare the Passover meal, it stuck out to me that He had the disciples tell the master of the house “Where is my gust room.” We have no history or reference on who this master of the house was, but when the disciples followed His instructions, they were show a place that was ready for their needs. There are so many questions that come to mind with this, did this man have an encounter with God some how telling him that someone is coming to use it or was this a place given to God, and this was just the sign or password that was to be given to get to use it. Are we prepared for guests? Has God given you something that is meant to be open and shared with any who have need of it? 

Prayer: Lord God, you are the creator of all things and all things are yours, as stewards of those things you place in our hands, I thank you for the blessings and provisions that you pour out before us and the opportunity to steward them. I ask that you help us to see the opportunities, and that you continue to work in my heart to release things that are held too tight in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment