Monday, September 20, 2021

Purge them!

Reading: Isaiah 31-32, Psalm 138, John 12, and 1 Corinthians 5

Scripture:  Corinthians 5:12-13, For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges judge those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

Thoughts: I can’t count the number of times I have heard from Matthew 7 “do not judge, or you will be judged” Here we are told that we are to hold accountable those in the church, Those who call themselves our brothers and sisters in Christ. We are not to judge the world because it is not our place, our place it to share the Gospel to the fallen world that they may come to God and have the opportunity to repent of the sins in their lives. Once they have that relationship with God and us as that family with love we can help them to overcome the sins in their life. But Paul is saying here that if someone who claims to be apart of the family yet still revels in unrepentant sin they are to be purged and treated as an unbeliever. Let us grow in our love and grace and have that group of people in your church family who will call you on your garbage as well as you being willing to call them on theirs. 

Prayer: Father God, you know the things we hide in our hearts and the place we try to keep secret from those around us. You know the hairs on our heads and the number of our days. I thank you that you are still working on me, you are refining me and molding me in to the vessel you need me to be, Create in me a clean heart and take not your Holy Spirit from me. I ask that you help those around me to have the discernment to come to me and call me on sins that I don’t see in my life and help me to be a help to those who need me to do the same. Open our hearts and minds to your directions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment