Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9th, 2016 A man's heart

Reading: Ephesians 5 and Joshua 10-11

Scripture: Ephesians 5:25-27, Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. 

Observation: Culture in many countries around the world is women are nothing more then things men own. Even in the Christian culture men focus on verse 22 that says that the wife submit to the husband. Men are competitive and want others to lord over. As a man this is something I struggle with I want to be the boss and tell others what to do, I’m smarter, more educated, and have better common sense then anyone else. 

Application: Paul tells us men to love our wives, not only love them but love them like Christ loves the church. So what Paul is saying is we need to be willing to die for our wives, and to sanctify her so that she can be presented without spot or wrinkle. If God can love us enough to send his only Son to earth to be tortured and killed just so that he can have a closer relationship with us, we can set ourselves aside and love our wives, and present that without wrinkle, spot, or blemish.


Prayer: Father, I thank you for my wife and the family that has come though her. You have provided such such peace and joy to our home. I thank you that you have put on my heart to love my wife as Christ loves the church. I ask that this calling and longing be placed on every man’s heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment