Sunday, May 8, 2016

May 7, 2016 I have Victory!!

Reading: Ephesians 3 and Joshua 6-7

Scripture: Joshua 6:1-2, Now Jericho was shut up inside and outside because of the people of Israel. None went out, and none came in. And the Lord said to Joshua, "See, I have given Jericho into your hand, with its king and mighty men of valor. 

Observation: In some of the teachings that we are going though for my discipleship class we have been talking about Joshua and what he went though but the teaching on this passage stuck with me. Here is Joshua looking at this fortified city, locked up and ready to withstand war for a long time. And God tells him “I have” given you the city. Have is past tense and yet the walls are still up and everyone is still inside. 

Application: Then with faith in verse 16 Joshua does the some thing saying to Israel Shout for the Lord has given you the city. Not only do we need to trust and believe that God will fulfill his promises, we need to speak and pray as if he already has. If we are wavering in what we think God will do then then authority God gave us through his Son is not binding on earth or loosing in heaven. 

Prayer: Father I thank you for your Great blessings and the provisions that you pour out on us each and every day. You pay every bill and take care of every need. I thank you for the hearing you are doing to my wife’s body and the promotions that you have ahead for me. The healing and the promotions in life and work all come from you Lord. 


No comments:

Post a Comment