Thursday, May 12, 2016

May 12, 2016 Don't look at me I'm hideous.

Reading: Philippians 2 and Joshua 16-18

Scripture: Philippians 2:3, Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Observation: For a long time I had a hard time being humble, Granted my largest issue I later came to know what actually that I had a wrong definition being humble. I though to be humble I had to think less of myself. So when I had that mindset, I would have see this as I can do anything well to being attention to myself and make sure that others were more important then I was. 

Application: I later learned that being Humble is not thinking less of yourself, it is thinking of yourself less. Here Paul is talking to a church that is getting full of themselves, and he is telling them and us, watch out that you don’t start doing things to get attention from people but do them to minister and build up others. The principals in the book “The Servant” by James C. Hunter talks about putting the needs of others above your own. That is so similar to what Paul is saying, put others before you. We can accept compliment and praises for the talents and gifts God has given us to use but we should not be seeking that alone.


Prayer: Father I thank you for the gifts and talents that you have given me and the opportunities to use them to touch others. I thank you that I get to serve you though serving others even when I am leading. I ask that you help us to see in the mindset of  thinking of ones self less and not thinking less of ones self. All our strength and talents come from you and we have all authority in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment