Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May 11, 2016 Should I stay or should I go?

Reading: Philippians 1 and Joshua 14-15

Scripture: Philippians 1:23-24, I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account.

Observation: I can so relate to Paul with this scripture, verse 21, “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” I have heard this scripture quoted many times, but I feel closer to 23-24, I want to die and go be with our Father in Heaven not sitting here in the world with a body that is breaking down and society seems on its way down the tubes. 

Application: As bad as this world is and how great and awesome it will be when we get to spend eternity with the Father. We are called to minister to those around us. We may each have a different Microphone and platform to share God’s love though and on, but we are all called to share. That is why Paul writes, “to remain…is more necessary on your account.” What does is benefit me to stay her and do what I do for the lord? It’s not for me I am in this world, it is because God has a plan and I am helping to fulfill it even though I may only see a small portion of the work I do produce fruit.


Prayer: Father, I thank you that you have provided everything we could ever need, including the knowledge that there is a Heaven and we have a hope and way to one day be there with you. I thank you for the voice you have given me though both my leadership roles and my though the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment