Sunday, May 15, 2016

May 15, 2016 Whom do you serve?

Reading: Colossians 1, Joshua 23-24, and Psalm 99

Scripture: Joshua 24:15, And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Observation: I have always liked this scripture and we even have the last portion of it in our house and used it in our wedding. Until recently even being in the church from my youth I had never really read Joshua or if I started I zoned out when it come to the inheritance of the tribes. As I read and listened to the last couple chapters I was hearing the warning that Joshua was giving and Making sure that they understood that he was following God. 

Application: Just as Joshua was making sure everyone knew the consequences of following other gods and not seeking God, we need to make it a point it our lives that others know that we are God’s people and fallow the two commandments that Jesus gave us in witch all others are encompassed, given to us in Matthew 22:37-39, And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for your great blessing and for the guidance you have for us though your word. Help us to share you love with all who are around us the help us to daily rise up and say, as for me and my house this day we will serve the lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment