Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 25, 2016 Worship with all your heart.

Reading: Matthew 2, Ruth 3-4, Psalm 68

Scripture: Psalm 68:4,  Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up a song to him who rides through the deserts; his name is the Lord; exult before him!

Observation: As I have just gone though my course in OSL I was on such a spiritual high and speaking words of encouragement, I spent more time listening to teachings and reading the word then other forms of media. It was powerful and wonderful as it always has been when I take one of these classes. But over these last few days after class ended and the restrictions had been lifted I slacked off, and today came to a head and I was angry and not tankful for anything. 

Application: After reading about the wisemen and the fight to Egypt in Matthew and then the redeeming of Naomi and Ruth who then gave birth to Obed who is in the lineage of David and Jesus. I was able to see the provisions and direction that God was giving them and though Jesus and the Holy Spirit we have that same direction and provisions in our live. And having Psalm 68 speaking to me about worship and praising Him. With some of the things going on in our house today and the last few days as I looked into our finances, I was focused on the issue at hand and how things were going to be paid in a month and was worrying about where money was coming from instead of trusting God and worshiping him though this storm. This was a great reminder to me that no matter how bad it looks God will take us though is and we will grow because of it. I encourage you and myself to keep up your disciplines and stay in the word and remain vigilant in prayer. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for the provisions I have yet to see, you are providing the funds to pay all our bills and all our needs. I thank you for the blessings of the ability to do what we need to today and the ability to take care of our family. Help me to keep your worship in my heart and on my mouth each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment