Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 17, 2016 Working hard to make a living.

Reading: Colossians 3, Judges 3-4, and Psalm 14

Scripture: Colossians 3:23, Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

Observation: I have had this quoted at me most of my life, and over the years sometimes I know there were times where I was jaded toward it and every time I heard it I started hearing it with a snide sneering tone to the voice telling me this. I never really wanted to her it, I just wanted to go to work and do my job.

Application: As I have been growing with the Lord and seeking him each day before getting in the shower and sometimes in the shower I have come to better appreciate this verse. Before I would go to my job and work and come home, never really thinking about God just doing. Now I seem to get it our bosses and leaders here at our jobs they are not the ones who truly pay us or give us our promotions, or even our jobs. They all come from God he may have to use the vessels of the management and supervisors to promote you but it is never luck and it is alway God’s handy work, no matter if it is him giving you the ability to grasp something faster or better then others or if he causes those supervisors and managers to see things in you that rase your standings above others. 


Prayer: Father, I thank you for this Job and this opportunity each day to come and serve you in this workplace. Help me to see opportunities to expand your reign. I thank you for the provisions for today and the provisions of needs we have in the near future. Help us all to keep you in the forefront of our minds and one out lips as we work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment