Monday, May 30, 2016

May 30, 2016 Let's go get them!!

First off I want to apologize I have been sick and have not been able to get my thoughts out to you. I thank you for sticking with me. Today is Memorial Day where we remember those brave souls who served our country and didn’t make it home. I thank you and appreciate your sacrifice so I can live in freedom.

Reading: Matthew 7 and 1 Samuel 13-14

Scripture: 1 Samuel 14:6, Jonathan said to the young man who carried his armor, "Come, let us go over to the garrison of these uncircumcised. It may be that the Lord will work for us, for nothing can hinder the Lord from saving by many or by few."

Observation: Even though Saul was sitting scared in the caves his son Jonathan took is armor bearer and decided that he was not going to be scared and that the Lord can work though few or many. After the sign that they had agreed to was given to them then they went up and struck down many Philistines. 

Application: We need to be like Jonathan and step out into the battle, God has won the war and we have been sent out to do battle. We have been equipped and armed for the battle that we are going into, we have to have the faith and trust that this battle is won.


Prayer: Father, thank you for your armor and your word that we have the authority to use. You take us though each and every battle as we serve you. I ask you to help us to be bold as Johnathan and march up to the battle even if no one else will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment