Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 26, 2016, I can't hear you, can you speak up?

Reading: Matthew 3 1 Samuel 1-3

Scripture: 1 Samuel 3:10, And the Lord came and stood, calling as at other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" And Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant hears." 

Observation: I started to think about things that have happened in my life and I knew there were times where I knew God was speaking to me, like telling me to go back to school or to change how much I was giving to the church. But then I started thinking was there other times where I didn’t hear him or I wrote it off as something I came up with or that there was some other reason that though popped into my head. 

Application: I need to remember that I need to stay in the word and in prayer both talking to God but listening for that small voice of him who guides me and lead me out of and though the temptations of this world. How we are to know if what we are hearing is the voice of God and discern if it is of God is to test it by the word and to continue to pray about the answer we go for further revelation. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for sending your Holy Spirit to us to me your voice and help us to see the plan and walk in it. I ask you help us to open our ears more and seek your direction for our live as we live out your commandments to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment