Sunday, May 22, 2016

May 21, 2016 What way should I go.

Reading: 1 Thessalonians 5 and Judges 11-13

Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Observation: We so often ask what is the will of God, Should I take this job or that one, or even buy this property or that property. We act as if the will of God is so mysterious, God will use you where you are and in your availability.

Application: Paul puts it bluntly in this scripture saying, rejoice, pray, and give thanks, this is God’s will. His commandments also fall in to this, Love your God with all your heart, soul and mind, and Love your neighbor as yourself. God and the Holy Spirit will place a calling on your heart and as long as you make yourself available to him to do his work he will direct you. I have heard this many times and it means more to me every time I hear it. God can’t make the equipped available, but he will equip those who are available. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for the opportunities to serve you. I thank you of the equipping that you have done in my life and that even though I feel like the least of those around me you can still use me. I ask that you continually remind me of Paul’s saying to the Thessalonians that we need to, rejoice, pray and give thanks to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment