Saturday, May 28, 2016

May 27, 2016 Run with the horses!!!

Reading: Matthew 4 and 1 Samuel 4-7

Scripture: Matthew 4:1, Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Observation: So often I hear other Christians and I have even said it in the past that “God is testing me” or “God is putting me though this to grow me” and these are all said to comfort us as we go though a trial and temptations. it is so easy to get caught up in Christianese and trying to sound spiritual and fall into traditions that we have heard from those who came before us instead of taking God’s word at face value. 

Application: God will not and can not tempt us. Temptations and trials are a side effect of living in a fallen world. Even in Job Satan came to God and asked permission to do things to Job and his family trying to get him to curse God. God will also never lets the devil to tempt us beyond what we can bear. That means that the closer you are to God and that stronger your faith is the larger the attacks will be, but you have to remember if you are in the beginning some of these little things when in the middle of them look so big but as you grow you will see how small it really was, and one day when we get to heaven we will look back and see even though God didn’t cause the trials he gave us a way out and used those trials to grow us and strengthen us. I love how the Prophet Jeremiah puts in it Jeremiah 12:5a, “If you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you, how will you compete with horses?” We are meant to run with the horses so prepare for the trials you are not yet in. Put your faith in God each day and put on The Armor of God, especially taking up the Sword of the Spirit which is the word of the lord.


Prayer: Father I thank you for giving us your word that we have the authority though your Son and the Holy Spirit to weald the Sword of the Spirit. I thank you that you have helped me to understand better how to use to Sword and that my words are dangerous to both the enemy and my family if I miss use them. Lord I ask that you help is to keep a right perspective of you and your authority that you have given us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment