Monday, May 2, 2016

May 2, 2016 Abba Father

Reading: Galatians 4, Deuteronomy 29-30, and Psalm 15

Scripture: Galatians 4:6, And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

Observation: I was just going though a sermon series on the Lords Prayer, it is the most memorized scripture in the Bible. It starts off with “Our Father” Jesus told us to call God Dad or Daddy. I for so long growing up I though of God a this spiteful person sitting in heaven waiting for me to mess up so that he can punish me. Yes there are consequences for our actions but God is love and our father, He is not sitting there waiting to punish us. 

Application: We have been adopted into God’s family and have all the rights and privileges that come with being son’s and daughters though Christ. Once I started to accept and understand that the Father is my Father and he loves me, I started to grow but I still didn’t truly understand because of my relationship with my father. One day a little over a year ago I started to understand how a father loves after becoming one. Now being a father of a 15 month old who gets into everything and gets hurt I learn more and more how to love as a father and I understand the Father’s love better.


Prayer: Father I thank you so much for loving me despite the hardheadedness that I know that I have. Your love is so amazing and limitless. Lord I ask that you help open my mind to your love and how you love and how to love others especially my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment