Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May 4th, 2016 The Force is strong with this one.

May the Fourth be with you. 

Reading: Galatians 6, Deuteronomy 33-34, and Psalm 94

Scripture: Galatians 6:2, Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Observation: This has always been a struggle for me, I am one of those guys that does not want to go to someone else and tell them what I'm struggling with. I also don’t really have close friends, My closest friend is my wife and then from there I have church friends, and my long term friends that we see each other a few times a year. This my be because of the way society has changed in my life time. We are so connected though social media and have gotten so into our electronic devices, we have lost the art of gathering as friends. 

Application: Christ’s Law is “Love your neighbor as yourself” therefore to bear one another’s burden we need to both help others with their issues as you allow theme to help you with yours. In our church for Men we have developed a couple things to help men with do that, we have our Band of 8 that is men meeting together over dinner and being open and honest with each other and connecting. We also have a group called Men of Valor for men who have addictions other then alcohol and drugs. We all need to have people we can go to and get help with. 


Prayer: Father, I thank you for the work you are doing in my life and the continual stretching of my heart. Lord I ask you to help me to find those men in my life to connect to and seek Godly council from. Bring the men of this wold to a place of loving each other in a Godly way that honors you each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment