Sunday, May 8, 2016

May 8, 2016 Where are you from again?

Reading: Ephesians 4 and Joshua 8-9

Scripture: Joshua 9:14, So the men took some of their provisions, but did not ask counsel from the Lord.

Observation: It is so easy to say I can do this, or think that because God as been working though you and you have been walking in his way that you can make a choice without seeking council from the Lord. I know that I have done that I at times still do that. I think I know God well enough that I can make a choice that is as good and well informed as he is. 

Application:But like Joshua I have put stumbling blocks in my own path by not seeking God. God’s plan was to have everyone who was already in the promise land killed and Israel to take possession from them. When Joshua made the covenant with these crafty Hivites these people who had different cultures and different gods were integrated into Israel as slaves. 


Prayer: Father, I thank you for your council and that you have given your Holy Spirit to us as that intermediary between us and you. We need your council every day we ask that you touch us and lead us in your ways

No comments:

Post a Comment