Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 23, 2016 He Divided her?

Reading: 2 Thessalonians 3 and Judges 18-20

Scripture: Judges 19:29 And when he entered his house, he took a knife, and taking hold of his concubine he divided her, limb by limb, into twelve pieces, and sent her throughout all the territory of Israel. 

Observation: Starting off I want to say that I grabbed only one passage but I'm talking about everything that went on in Judges 19-20. There are many times that we go about getting in this world not noticing how bad it is getting until something horrific happens I remember in the time leading up to September 11th 2001, there was some unrest in the Middle East but I had grown up with that but everything seemed good, then this defining moment in time happen, just like the J.F.K assassination for the generation before me don’t don’t think there will be an American who wont remember where they were. That is what this Man did with his concubine.  

Application: After the people of Gibeah killed her because they wanted to get to the Levite, he made an example dividing her up into twelve pieces and sending her to each of the tribes. this would be like sending a piece of someone to each of the members of congress to get their attention about a problem with a group of people. The people of Gibeah had grown so corrupt that the leaders of an entire nation needed their attention gotten. We are living in a time where the foundations of this country are being torn down and our nation is becoming like Gibeah. We don’t have the ability to get the governments attention the way the Levite did but we have to do our part and pray for the leaders we have and pray for the leaders that are yet to be placed in office. 


Prayer: Father, I thank you that I live in a place where I am free to write about you and the love you have for us. I ask you to place onto the hearts of those in power your direction for this country and this nation. I pray for our current president and the one who is going to be coming in no matter what one makes it in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment