Wednesday, May 18, 2016

May 18, 2016 Hey can I read that?

Reading: Colossians 4 and Judges 5-6

Scripture: Colossians 4:16, And when this letter has been read among you, have it also read in the church of the Laodiceans; and see that you also read the letter from Laodicea.

Observation: I found it interesting that Paul refers to this other letter, some times I can be dense and forget that Paul would have been starting other churches and writing letters to them as well. We so often just think about the ones that survived and made it into our Bible. 

Application: I don’t know but I think that even though God’s hands was all over Paul’s writings I don’t think Paul knew that his writings would be scripture one day. Even with that said he knew that we need to spend time in the word, the idea that he basically said hey when you are done reading that take it over to this other church and read it to them had have them read theirs to you. Continually dive into scripture and claim God’s promises. 


Prayer: Father, I thank you for your word and all that has survived and not changed of the centuries. You fulfill every promise and take care of even need. I thank you for watching over us each day. Help us to have the desire to spend time each day in your word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment