Monday, May 31, 2021

What is the bleating in my ears?

Reading: 1 Samuel 15-16 and Matthew 8

 

Scripture: 1 Samuel 15:14, And Samuel said, “What then is this bleating of the sheep in my ears and the lowing of the oxen that I hear?”

 

Thoughts: After Saul we to destroy Amalek and did not destroy everything like God command, Samuel came onto the scene and confronts Saul about this sin. We all have sin in our lives no matter if it’s habitual sin or something that was something that snuck in, we are all in the process of sanctification, we are not perfect yet but we are striving for it. Do you have someone who will call you on those sins. I have some friends who help, but my biggest helpers is my family, out of the mouths of little kids, “Why did you do or say that?” or a loving spouse who sees your garbage almost as clearly as you do and calls you on it. Who are the people in your life that will call it as it is, a sin is a sin and it causes separation?

 

Prayer: Father God, you are the one true King, your creation is the testament of your great power and majesty. I thank you that you see us through the blood of your Son and that we have been forgiven, I thank you that you sent your Son. You have called us to be holy as You are holy, we are all in process and will still fall, I ask that you help us to see those who will help us and call out sin in our lives, and help us to be that friend as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment