Saturday, May 29, 2021

Made new or running from change

Reading: 1 Samuel 10-12 and Matthew 6

 

Scripture: 1 Samuel 10:9, When he turned his back to leave Samuel, God gave him another heart. And all these signs came to pass that day.

 

Thoughts: After Saul’s first encounter with Samuel, as he was leaving God gave him a new heart, and Samuel told him that God would make him a new man. When we we have an encounter with God we are changed forever. The question is not are you changed but how are you changed, growing up even after an encounter in my mid teens I ran even though I made an outward appearance of seeking I had started my running and playing the Sunday morning Christian. It took two divorces and finally starting to let God’s voice get through before my life started to change and I began the process of becoming a new man. Are we running from our encounter or embracing it? 

 

Prayer: Lord God, you seek us, call to us and encounter us where we are, to encourage us to walk in your plan. Help us to hear your voice and seek after is, may our fear not cause us to run the other way and hide from your love and glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment