Thursday, May 20, 2021

Go cry out to the gods you have chosen!!

Reading: Judges 9-10 and 1 Thessalonians 3-4

Scripture: Judges 10:12-14, The Sidonians also, and the Amalekites and the Maonites oppressed you, and you cried out to me, and I saved you out of their hand. Yet you have forsaken me and served other gods; therefore I will save you no more. Go and cry out to the gods whom you have chosen; let them save you in the time of your distress.

Thoughts: I hear it time and time again that the God of the Old Testament is different than the God of the new. When we just look at how much destruction came from God before Jesus and what Jesus preach and taught his disciples it can look that way. God here as reminding Israel that he brought them out of all these things, yet they went after other gods. When we go after other gods, we are given the same options repent and seek God with all our hearts or be given over to our sins. Paul talks about that in Romans 1:24, the evil one and the world who have been influenced by the evil one is always trying to get us off track. Most of us are rooted in our faith that we are not going to just become unbelievers, but he will work to get us to be ineffective in our calling. Those others gods that we may be crying out to, can be things like money, possessions, or even affirmation in the form of likes on social media. All these are not bad things but how you interact with them shows if they are elevated to a god status in your life. Let us look at what God did for us and is still doing for us and if there needs to be a return, because he has given us over to our sins and said go cry to your gods.

Prayer: Father God, you are the creator of all things, you made it all therefore it all is yours. Your ways are higher than our ways. I thank you that you call and not just force us to be your children. I thank you that you are forming me and refining me every day. Help me to evaluate if I am putting anything before you or even bringing anything close to being equal to you. Your glory shines and is being shout by all creation. I ask that you forgive those sins I have and help me to grow into the man you call me to be. May you be glorified all the days of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment