Tuesday, May 18, 2021

I'm not worthy.

Reading: Judges 5-6 and Colossians 4

Scripture: Judges 6:12&15, And the angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, “The Lord is with you, O mighty man of valor.” … And the Lord turned to him and said, “Go in this might of yours and save Israel from the hand of Midian; do not I send you?” And he said to him, “Please, Lord, how can I save Israel? Behold, my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.” 

Thoughts: When we are called, how many of us feel we are qualified or equipped? Gideon was given a compliment then told to use what he had ben complimented on to save Israel. I know that I don’t feel qualified, I don’t feel like I have the qualities that I have been told I have. Like Gideon I have made excuses on why I should not be the one. One of my favorite sayings that I have heard is “God is not looking for the equipped, he is equipping the available.” When we keep waiting to be equipped and saying I will go when I have this or that, the opportunities God has called us too, will walk on by. Just the other day I was out with my wife and friends and I felt like I needed to talk to this person who was playing basketball. When we got closer as we walked around the park, I chickened out putting up excuses, maybe there would be a language barrier, or I would be told off or something. I let the obstacles that Holy Spirit can overcome keep me from sharing God with someone. Just because we feel unworthy or ill-equipped does not mean that we are. 

Prayer: Father God, your love overwhelms, your creation shines and shouts of your glory. I thank you for this day and the opportunities that you have orchestrated this day. I thank you for the molding and refining who I am and helping me to Grow in who you call me to be. I thank you for the gifts and abilities that you have given me. Lead me guide me and help me to overcome my fears and anxiety when stepping out, help me to be obedient and in that obedience be bold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment