Saturday, May 15, 2021

How are we walking into the world?

Reading: Joshua 23-24, Psalm 99, and Colossians 1

Scripture: Colossians 1:10, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Thoughts: there are churches out there that preach a works based gospel, you must give some much or do so much or give so much before God will accept you or forgive you. The may not be as blatant or obvious as that but they take Jesus and then say there is more needed. As we walk in faith Paul is praying that we be fruitful not just getting knowledge not just doing good, like it says in James 2:18 “But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” Let our faith and light shine through all that we do, be it our jobs or shopping for groceries people should see a difference. How do you walk into the world?

Prayer: Father God, you are our peace and our joy, you pour out all you have for us. You open your pantry door and say take what you need. I thank you for your provision and the blessings you are pouring out on us. I thank you for your peace and joy and ask that you help us to allow you to fill us to overflowing that we can pour it out on others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment