Monday, May 3, 2021

April 25 For His glory or your own?

Reading: Deuteronomy 14-15, Psalm 88, and 2 Corinthians 10

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 10:17, Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.

Thoughts: When reading this again the saying from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where one of the Brotherhood is talking to Indi and asked, “Do you seek the cup of Christ for your glory or His?” We so often tell our stories in a way that we get some of the glory, we are not fully seeking his glory in what we are doing. It is normal in that in our nature we want recognition, and we want to be known. Where we need to be carful and I struggle with this is when I want to be recognized over God. God is to be where everything gets pointed and if He determines that I can handle some of that he will give it to me otherwise I need to be content that He knows me and loves me. 

Prayer: Father God you are the one worthy of all praise and honor. You are the one that takes care of all things. You own the cattle on a thousand hills and know the hairs on my head. You have set every grain of sand in it’s place and told the waves how far they can roll. Your love overwhelms me and leads me. Father help me to seek your glory and not my own. Help me to point continually to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment