Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Are you listening???

Reading: 1 Samuel 1-3 and Matthew 3

Scripture: 1 Samuel 3:8-9, And the Lord called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” Then Eli perceived that the Lord was calling the boy. Therefore Eli said to Samuel, “Go, lie down, and if he calls you, you shall say, ‘Speak, Lord, for your servant hears.’” So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
 
Thoughts: God through Holy Spirit, calls us, it may not be audible like when Samuel heard to the point of waking us up. I have had times where I have been woken up with a name or situation on my heart, I cannot say I ever got resolution to why I was woken up to pray and sometime I ignored It and rolled over and struggled with sleep the rest of the night. We are all called and when we hear are we listening? Eli told Samuel to open himself up to the calling by saying I’m listening. Today most people are not listening, they are hearing as they wait to respond. With this tendency in our day to day conversation it is easy to fall into that with God, in group prayers instead of being present and agreeing with those we are praying with we are preparing for our turn and trying to not leave silence, but God speaks most often in that silence. 

Prayer: Lord God, your servant is here and listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment