Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Let us shake some trees!!!

Reading: Judges 7-8 and 1 Thessalonians 1-2

Scripture: Judges 7:4, And the Lord said to Gideon, “The people are still too many. Take them down to the water, and I will test them for you there, and anyone of whom I say to you, ‘This one shall go with you,’ shall go with you, and anyone of whom I say to you, ‘This one shall not go with you,’ shall not go.”

Thoughts: When staring down an army so large that it says they were like locust, I would already be shaking in my boots, then God lets 2/3 of your army go because they were scared. Then God says that the army is still too big, I probably would have had a few choice words for God just saying to lower our numbers, let alone when I saw only 300 men left. Today we are that 300, we are all called to simply share God with those around us. The Church is to be a place of teaching, equipping, and discipling, but so often we think if we get someone to the church then it is the job of the paid staff to present the gospel. A great illustration of this is this world is an orchard trees every where with fruit on it all that fruit is at different stages of being ripe. We need to go out and shake those trees around us, the fruit that is ready will fall and become part of the family of Christ but if it remains on the tree, we have watered it, gave it an opportunity to ripen a little more. It is not about us or anything we do but its about what God is doing in their heart. We are partnered with Holy Spirit and he will always be available when we step out and share God.

Prayer: Father, your heart is for the lost, your heart breaks for this world to the point that you sent your Son to open a way back to you. I thank you that you are doing a work in me, I thank you that you are leading and guiding my growth. I ask that you help me to step out of my comfort zone and shake some trees. Lord many you be honored and glorified in all we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment