Sunday, May 23, 2021

Right in their own eyes.

Reading: Judges 17-19 and 2 Thessalonians 3

Scripture: Judges 17:6, In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.

Thoughts: This saying is common throughout the book of Judges, after the time of operation where all they had was to lean on God, they were brought out of Egypt and given the law to live by and the promised land to live in. After a time being spread out and influenced by those they did not drive out, the phrase “everyone did what was right in their own eye” would surface. Here we are close to 3000 years later and this phrase has resurfaced in the subjective truth of this is how I feel so it must be true, and you can not argue that it is not true. Whose truth are we walking in our own or God’s objective truth that can not change? 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you that you are beyond time, that you are the creator of all things and in turn created truth that does not change. You lead us and guide us in your truth. I thank you that you are still working in me and helping be to become that man you call me to be. I ask that you help me to see where I create my own truth, or do what is right in my own eyes, give me your eyes and your truth that I may walk in it, to seek it and to linger in your presence all my days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment