Thursday, May 27, 2021

You victories.

Reading: 1 Samuel 4-7 and Matthew 4

 

Scripture: 1 Samuel 7:12, Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called its name Ebenezer; for he said, “Till now the Lord has helped us.”

 

Thoughts: After using the Philistines to bring about what he had told Samuel and Eli and the Ark is returned through God’s guiding hand. God then gave Israel victory over the Philistines. After this victory Samuel sets up this stone giving it a name the means stone of help, declaring God helped Israel though this situation and to defeat the Philistines. Is there a stone of help that we need to set up as a reminder or is there a stone that God is holding out to us because he has a victory for us? 

 

Prayer: Lord God, I thank you for those Ebenezers that you have given to me over the years the victories in my life. I thank you that you have others that you are holding out to me. All my victories you in you and my peace and joy come from you oh God. I ask that you help me see those things you have for me to claim victory in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment