Sunday, May 30, 2021

I forced myself

Reading: 1 Samuel 13-14 and Matthew 7

 

Scripture: 1 Samuel, I said, ‘Now the Philistines will come down against me at Gilgal, and I have not sought the favor of the Lord.’ So I forced myself, and offered the burnt offering.”

 

Thoughts: To me the words Saul chose to use were interesting, “I forced myself” makes it sound like there was some force within him keeping him from offering this sacrifice that he was to be waiting for Samuel to come for. Earlier during Saul’s encounter with God he was changed, when we are changed and called are we falling back into old habits or maybe like Saul trying to make things move faster than God’s plan. God had a schedule Samuel was to get there when he was meant to get there. When we try to expedite God’s timing we move beyond God’s plan. Yes, he can still use that got his good and his glory but like Saul we may miss out on the greater blessing that He has for us when we try to move things along when we feel God or his servants are late. 

 

Prayer: Lord God, all creation shouts of your glory. Your grace and mercy overwhelms me. I thank you that you have thoughts of me. I thank you that you are working in my life, molding and refining me to be who you call me to be. Father I ask that you help me to wait on you and your plan. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment