Tuesday, June 1, 2021

The trial of training.

Reading: 1 Samuel 17, Psalm 144, and Matthew 9

Scripture: Psalm 144:1, Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Thoughts: In 1 Samuel when David was asked about why he would be able to defeat Goliath, he said that he learned by being a shepherd needing to kill both bear and lion. Then here in Psalm he blesses God for training him. As followers of Christ every trial and tribulation is an opportunity to learn and be trained by God. Working under a difficult boss can be training to leaning into God more like Danial. Working through loss of some sort where God is your comfort, we are being trained to comfort others. No matter the situation and the trial there is an opportunity to be trained by God, the question is are we seeking the training that God has for us. God is not making these bad things happen but he will use them to train you for the battle you are not yet in. 

Prayer: God, you are so wonderful, I thank you for all that you are doing, the training you have for us and the strength to overcome. I thank you for your refining and molding you are doing in my life. I ask that you help us to accept the training and lean into it that we may be come those whom you have called us to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment